Friday, June 26, 2009

About Chandra

WELCOME to ALL THINGS CHANDRA!


Those things include WRITING, PERFORMANCE POETRY, JAZZ and IMPROV VOCALS, DANCE, ACTING, and VEGETARIAN CULINARY ARTS.




I have performed with KanKouran West African Dance Company, the Sun Ra Arkestra, Sweet Honey in the Rock's "In Process," Hamiet Bluiett (The Healing Caravan, which I currently direct), Circle of Light, under the direction of the late Tina Marsh, and featured my performance poetry at venues throughout Austin. I have also appeared in numerous local, regional, and national commercial spots, and appeared in a role in the movie Stop Loss, directed by Kimberly Peirce.




In 2005, I won a full publishing contract in the Big Texas Poetry Event Competition. I am using the contract to publish a self-help book (see below). My poem, "I Am Perfect" was selected for publication in the 2009 Austin International Poetry Festival (AIPF) Anthology, where I was warmly received - to the level where I was asked to feature at a closing festival event. I also advanced to the finals in the AIPF Slam Competition.




Currently, I am in the process of forging relationships with creative people for future collaborations. I am also in the midst of publishing my first book; a self-Help book for youth titled No Mistake. And - I very recently embarked on SELF-PUBLISHING. Two "samplers" are available for purchase: 37 years times more i seek... , and the CARBON factor: healing from our perspective. "37 years..." chronicles stages in my life - from "victim" to finding my freedom through 6 poetry selections. "the CARBON factor" is small collection of poetry and essays on various subjects related to healing, nutrition, and connecting to the Procession of Life.


No comments:

Post a Comment