Tuesday, August 9, 2011

HEALING CARAVAN AT STATE THEATER JUNE 11, AUSTIN, TX


On June 11, 2011 at the State Theater in Austin, Texas, the Healing Caravan opened for the legendary Last Poets, as part of the 2011 Black Arts Movement Festival (BAM), hosted annually by ProArts Collective.

The best Healing Caravan performance to date!! I'm my biggest critic and I can honestly say I feel very pleased with the performance. And the audience response was overwhelmingly positive! Here's some comments from audience participants, and those who viewed the video:


"...An important, empowering message!"

"You need to take that on the road!"

"...Profound, educational, and emotional. I also thought it was completely innovative and original. Congratulations! I'm glad I made the decision to go. I think I will remember that "Perfect" piece forever."

"Your stellar performance is recorded in my mind. Great show!"

"Congrats Chandra! Wonderful work!"

"It was too short; the audience was hollerin' for more!"

"That was so awesome! Love the dance and movement. The lighting was really cool. Whole thing was top notch and did make me want to see more. I can certainly see it expanded on tour."

"Excellent job!"




I'm in the process of soliciting agents and presenters. My desire is to tour the performance to play festivals, concert halls, college campuses, and health expos. If you can assist me in this, Holla Back!!

No comments:

Post a Comment