Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Life Happens FOR ME; NOT "To Me"

Happy to report I'm doing much better. While the things OUTSIDE of me have not changed much, what has changed is MY ATTITUDE; the thoughts I harbor INSIDE.

In truth, because my inside has changed, I see positive things manifesting outside of me. I've committed myself to remaining as calm and peaceful as possible. I don't worry about finances like I did in the past and so far, I have everything I need. The big test in this area always comes when the bank account starts looking "slight." I'm DETERMINED not to "push the panic button." Opportunities present themselves "out of the blue"; in other words, I rarely implement them, yet they appear.

When things occur that I did not expect (sometimes things I didn't want to happen the way that they did), lately I've taken to adopting the attitude that the situation is actually moving me to a better position than I anticipated. And every time, when I allowed myself to "go with it," I received benefits I did not anticipate and would not have received if I had remained stuck in the way I wanted things to go.

This attitude adjustment is MAJOR for me! I was such a "control freak" in my past life; consequently while I had this "happy face" on the outside, I was in a constant state of various levels of depression. I remember reading a journal entry of mine from over 20 years ago that complained of the same issues I was having in my recent past! This plunged me DEEPER into depression. I was literally at the "do or die" stage. Two things happened to get me to where I am now: 1) I saw a video of a young man with NO LIMBS; just a "flipper" of a foot, and he was HAPPY and FULL OF LIFE; using his life to motivate others. 2) I realized nothing is being done TO ME; I am SOLELY RESPONSIBLE for my emotional well-being -- regardless to what's happening outside me. I have the option TO CHOOSE HAPPINESS; nothing's going to "make me happy." Only I control that. And that level of control comes from MY BRAIN.

I heard or saw this saying, "Life happens FOR ME."

I saw this statement as the ultimate tool in attitude shifting.
Also, I realized there's no need to rush things; ALL is in Divine Order.
These things have lifted SOOO much STRESS off of me!

So whatever happens (or doesn't happen) I know it is for my Divine Good.
I'm much happier now, because my Life is happening FOR me, and I made that choice!

No comments:

Post a Comment